Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Misdemeanor: Any person convicted of a violation of this code shall be fined in a sum not to exceed one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) for any one offense, and the person may be confined in the county jail for a period of not to exceed six (6) months, or both.
(B) Infraction: Any person violating any of the following provisions or failing to comply with any of the following provisions of this code shall be guilty of an infraction, except for those cases designated and prosecuted as misdemeanors:
1. Title 3, chapters 3, 6, 7, 10 of this code (fire). (Ord. 1571, 5-8-2001)
2. Title 4, chapters 2, 3, 4 of this code (building). (Ord. 1642, 6-14-2011)
3. Title 5, chapter 1 of this code (business licenses).
4. Title 6, chapter 5 of this code (police).
5. Title 7, chapters 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 of this code (health).
6. Title 8, chapters 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 13 of this code (streets, trees).
7. Title 10 of this code.
8. Title 9, chapters 3 and 4 of this code (parking).
Every violation determined to be an infraction is punishable by a fine not exceeding one hundred dollars ($100.00) for a first violation, a fine not exceeding two hundred dollars ($200.00) for a second violation of the same ordinance within one year, and a fine not exceeding five hundred dollars ($500.00) for each additional violation of the same ordinance within one year.
(C) Enforcement: Every person convicted of a violation of any provision of this code where any duty is prescribed to be performed or obligation imposed, or when any act of a continuing nature is forbidden or declared to be unlawful, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor unless such violation is designated as an infraction. In either case, whether a misdemeanor or an infraction, a separate offense shall be deemed committed upon each day such duty or obligation remains unperformed or such act continues, unless otherwise specifically provided in this code. (Ord. 1571, 5-8-2001)