Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The Tree Body shall perform the following duties:
(a) Within a reasonable time after the appointment of the Tree Body as provided in Section 284.02 of the Administration Code, upon call of the Directors of the Tree Body, the Tree Body shall meet and adopt rules of procedure for regular and special meetings to fulfill the duties imposed upon it by this chapter.
(b) The Tree Body shall advise and consult the Village Arborist on any matter pertaining to this chapter and its enforcement. The topics under which this advice and consultation may be given may include, but are not limited to, any of the following:
(1) Amendments to this chapter, alterations to or revisions of the Arboricultural Specifications Manual and alterations to or revisions of the Urban Forestry Plan;
(2) Policy concerning the selection, planting, maintenance and removal of trees, shrubs and other plants within the Village;
(3) Recommendations on the allocation and expenditure of funds by the Arbor Division;
(4) Establishment of educational and informational programs;
(5) Development of policies and procedures regarding the Village Arborist's duties; and
(6) Issuance of permits required by this chapter.
(c) The Tree Body, upon the request of any person who disagrees with a decision of the Village Arborist, shall hear all issues of the disputes which arise between the Village Arborist and any such person whenever those issues involve the interpretation or enforcement of the Arboricultural Specifications Manual, the Urban Forest Plan or this chapter, including disputes regarding the issuance of permits, the concurrence or nonconcurrence of the Village Arborist in permits required under other ordinances or laws, and the abatement of nuisances. The decision of a majority of the appointed members of the Tree Body with regard to such disputes shall be binding upon the Village Arborist. Nothing in this section shall be construed to limit the jurisdiction of any court of law with respect to such disputes.
(Ord. 1993-18. Passed 3-29-93.)