Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Advertisements, displays or other promotional materials for any adult entertainment establishments, except as authorized and described within this section, shall not be shown or exhibited so as to be visible to the public from any street, sidewalk or other public place.
(B) This shall not prohibit the use of a sign displaying the name of the business on the business premises as regulated by this section.
(C) Except as provided in this section, signs shall be subject to any sign ordinance currently existing in the town.
(D) A sign shall not contain any flashing lights, photographs, silhouettes, drawings or pictorial representations of any type or manner and shall be limited in content as follows:
(1) The name of the establishment;
(2) One or more of the following applicable phrases:
(a) Adult bookstore;
(b) Adult theatre;
(c) Adult dancing establishment;
(d) Adult motel;
(e) Adult entertainment;
(f) Movie titles posted within premises; and/or
(g) Food or drink specials, show times, welcome notices and names of entertainers.
(3) No sign shall include the words “nude,” “nudity,” “naked,” “topless,” “go-go” or “dancers,” or words including slang substitutes or materials depicting, describing or relating to “specified anatomical areas of the human body” or “specified sexual activities” as defined in this chapter;
(4) Each letter forming a word on a sign shall be of a solid color, and each letter shall be the same print type, size and color. The background behind the lettering on the display surface shall be of a uniform solid color;
(5) Any changeable copy sign or portable or temporary advertisement for an adult entertainment establishment shall be brought into immediate compliance with the restrictions of this section; and/or
(6) Any licensee under this chapter shall have no off-site advertising.
(Ord. 2007-11, passed 6-26-2007) Penalty, see § 113.999