Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The Chief of Police or his or her designee is hereby authorized to grant permission to persons requesting to park in restricted areas in the city for special events or times throughout the year. All requests for such permission shall be sent in writing to the Chief of Police or his or her designee on a form prepared by the city for such purposes. Such form shall contain a hold harmless provision approved by the City Attorney.
(B) In no event shall such special permit parking obstruct the free flow of vehicular traffic in the area where permitted, usurp any of the traveled portion of the street, nor be allowed in an area where the public safety would warrant a prohibition of such parking.
(C) The following parking restrictions contained in the city code and in state law may not be waived by the granting of this special request:
(1) Within fifteen (15) feet of a fire hydrant;
(2) In a safety zone;
(3) In a fire lane or fire zone;
(4) Within twenty (20) feet of a crosswalk or intersection;
(5) In front of a private driveway not owned by the applicant nor any public driveway; and
(6) In an area designated for handicapped parking.
(Ord. 2007-23, passed 4-5-07) Penalty, see § 74.999