Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Application for a parade permit shall be made to the City Clerk-Treasurer on forms provided for such application, not less than 30 days before the date on which it is proposed to conduct the parade. The application shall be accompanied by the proper fee and a certificate of liability insurance in an amount of no less than $1,000,000 combined single limit or equivalent, and the city shall be a named additional insured. The policy shall specify that there is no exclusion for claims brought by participants.
(B) The application shall set forth the following information and shall be signed by the applicant:
(1) The name, address and telephone number of the person seeking to conduct such parade;
(2) If the parade is proposed to be conducted for, on behalf of or by an organization, the name, address and telephone number of the headquarters of the organization, and of the authorized and responsible heads of such organization;
(3) The name, address and telephone number of the person who will be the parade chairperson and who will be responsible for its conduct;
(4) The date when the parade is to be conducted;
(5) The route to be traveled, the starting point and the termination point;
(6) The approximate number of persons who, and animals and vehicles which, will constitute such parade; the type of animals and description of the vehicles;
(7) The hours when such parade will start and terminate;
(8) A statement as to whether the parade will occupy all or only a portion of the width of the streets proposed to be traversed;
(9) The location by streets of any assembly areas for such parade;
(10) The time at which units of the parade will begin to assemble at any such assembly area or areas;
(11) If the parade is designed to be held by, and on behalf of or for, any person other than the applicant, the applicant for such permit shall file with the Chief of Police a communication in writing from the person proposing to hold the parade, authorizing the applicant to apply for the permit on his or her behalf;
(12) The purpose of the parade; and
(13) Any additional information which the City Council shall find reasonably necessary to a fair determination as to whether a permit should be issued.
(C) The application shall be forwarded to the Chief of Police for his or her comment on date of parade, time of parade, route of parade and any extraordinary problems or cost which he or she foresees for the Police Department from the conduct of the parade. Upon return of the application from the Chief of Police, the City Clerk-Treasurer shall present the application and comments of the Chief of Police to the City Council for its consideration.
(1992 Code, § 705:15)