Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Purpose. The purpose of this subchapter is to establish standards and requirements for stormwater conveyance, treatment and discharge within the city; erosion and sediment control measures to be taken during the development of and alterations to lands within the city; and regulation of non-stormwater discharges to the city municipal separate storm sewer system (herein referred to as “MS4”). The purpose of this subchapter is to protect public health, safety and general welfare, property and the environment, and administer and implement stormwater best management practices (BMPs) as required by Federal (United States Environmental Protection Agency) and state (Minnesota Pollution Control Agency) laws and regulations.
(B) The objectives of this subchapters are:
(1) To maintain compliance with the city's stormwater pollution prevention program (SWPPP).
(2) To regulate the contribution of pollutants and prohibit illicit connections and discharges to the city's MS4.
(3) To regulate land disturbing activity, installation, operations, maintenance and replacement of the stormwater system, and protect and prevent the discharge of sediment into public and/or private lands, public infrastructure, wetlands and waters of the state.
(4) To establish legal authority to carry out all inspections, monitoring and enforcement procedures necessary to comply with this subchapter.
(5) To establish requirements for management of site specific stormwater discharge rates, volumes, and water quality.
(Ord. 1519, passed 3-3-2015)