Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Users required to obtain a wastewater discharge permit shall complete and file with the Superintendent, an application in the form prescribed by the Superintendent. Existing users shall apply for a wastewater discharge permit within 30 days after the effective date of this chapter, and proposed new users shall apply at least 90 days prior to connecting or discharging to the wastewater treatment system.
(B) In support of the application, the user shall submit, in units and terms appropriate for evaluation, the following information:
(1) Name, address and location (if different from the address);
(2) SIC number according to the Standard Industrial Classification Manual, Bureau of the Budget, 1972, as amended;
(4) Time and duration of discharge;
(5) Average daily and 30-minute peak wastewater flow rates, including daily, monthly and seasonal variations, if any;
(6) A plan showing the locations of a sewer, sewer connections and appurtenances located in and coming from the plant;
(7) Description of activities, facilities and plant processes on the premises including all materials which are or could be discharged, including sludges, floats, skimmings and the like;
(8) Where known, the nature and concentration of any pollutants in the discharge which are limited by any city, state or national categorical pretreatment standards, and (for an existing discharge) a statement regarding whether or not the pretreatment standards are being met on a consistent basis and if not, whether additional operation and maintenance and/or additional pretreatment is required for the user to meet applicable pretreatment standards. If additional operation and maintenance and/or pretreatment will be required, a proposed schedule by which the changes will be completed shall be submitted. The completion date in this schedule shall not be later than the compliance date established for the applicable pretreatment standard. The schedule shall contain increments of progress in the form of dates for the commencement and completion of major events leading to the construction and operation of additional pretreatment required for the user to meet the applicable pretreatment standard. No increment shall exceed nine months in length, and progress reports concerning each increment shall be submitted within 14 days following each increment date;
(9) General description of products manufactured and rate of production when required by local, state or federal regulations;
(10) Type and amount of raw materials processed (average and maximum per day);
(11) Number of full- and part-time employees, and hours of operation; and
(12) Any other information as may be deemed by the Superintendent to be necessary to evaluate the permit application.
(C) (1) The Superintendent will evaluate the data furnished by the user and may require additional information.
(2) After evaluation and acceptance of the data furnished, the Superintendent may issue a wastewater discharge permit subject to terms and conditions provided herein.
(1992 Code, § 277:13)