Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Redevelopment Project Areas: All land in the redevelopment project area locations described below are planned or projected for large hangar redevelopment:
1. Northeast Commercial Aerospace Project Area: The area as depicted in exhibit A of this section, that includes approximately forty (40) acres of airport land, is reserved for development and redevelopment meeting the terms of this policy.
B. Buildings And Storage: Buildings fronting on Airport Road are intended to preserve and give opportunities for job-generating businesses that may include non-TSA badged clientele in office areas, which creates a need for accessibility and visibility along Airport Road. An office component is optional, but not required for buildings that do not front on Airport Road.
1. Office Component: Buildings fronting on Airport Road must have an office component equal to at least twenty percent (20%) of the total building floor area.
2. Outdoor Storage: Airplanes may be stored outdoors. Within this project area, outdoor storage of vehicles (except in designated parking areas), parts or other materials is not permitted on any parcel or pad.
C. Development Standards: The following design standards are in addition to requirements of the underlying zoning designation.
1. Hangar Design: New or rebuilt hangars shall be capable of accommodating, at a minimum, aircraft included in FAA Airplane Design Group III with a tail height of thirty feet (30') or a wingspan of seventy nine feet (79'). The following minimum dimensions apply to spaces used for aircraft maintenance and similar uses and do not include additional spaces used for office, meeting rooms, breakrooms and lunchrooms or other similar uses:
a. Hangar depth - minimum of one hundred twenty feet (120') of un-demised, uninterrupted floor space.
b. Hangar width - minimum one hundred twenty feet (120') of un- demised, uninterrupted floor space.
c. Hangar door height - minimum thirty feet (30').
2. Building Design Materials:
a. Hangar Materials Options:
(1) Primary: ribbed metal, decorative CMU block, concrete tilt- up.
(2) Accent: non-reflective architectural metal, timbers, brick, stucco, or stone.
b. Offices: Building fronts shall include a prominent entry features design with a minimum of twenty percent (20%) of the office space in glazing facing the street. Materials and colors for office spaces are as follows:
(1) Primary: decorative CMU block, concrete tilt-up, brick, stucco or stucco appearing metal.
(2) Required accent: non-reflective architectural metal, timbers, brick, or stone.
(3) Color palette limited to whites, blacks, grays, and browns.
c. Roofing: Non-reflecting standing seam metal or TPO roof.
3. Landscaping: Landscaping shall incorporate native species in a drought tolerant design and turf may not be the dominant element. Plant and tree selection may not include varieties which bear seeds or fruits or that would typically encourage nesting or provide animal habitat. Trees to include only small to medium varieties not to exceed building height at maturity.
4. Parking: Parking shall be provided for within the vicinity of the development pad for each business.
D. Other Standards: Individual development pads or parcels within the area depicted on exhibit A of this section are intended to include the building and needed ramp space. The final location of a buildable pad/apron area and the layout and building design for any particular site will be defined in connection with finalization of a lease agreement and must be in full compliance with FAA Advisory Circulars. Flexibility of site and building design shall be permitted within a development pad, subject to the minimum development standards described in this policy or as required by zoning regulations, Building Codes and other applicable rules, policies or laws.
E. Building Approval Process:
1. Meet with Airport Manager to discuss terms of lease agreement and obtain written recommendation to continue review process.
2. Review concept site plan with Airport Manager as well as City Development Review Team.
3. Obtain formal FAA 7460-1 approval, "Notice of Proposed Construction or Alteration".
4. Submit Site Plan Review Application to Ogden City Planning Department. Submittal will be reviewed for compliance with City ordinance as well as the provisions of this development agreement.
5. Development will still be subject to staff-level construction plan review and approval.
6. No development approval is complete without a signed written lease.
F. Nonexclusive: This policy shall not exclude or limit redevelopment or change in use of airport parcels not described herein. The City reserves the right to declare other parcels not described herein as planned or projected for redevelopment, or subject to a change in use.
G. Coordination With Hangar Waiting List And Construction: The Northeast Commercial Aerospace Project Area is set apart for development of structures consistent with large scale commercial and industrial aerospace and aeronautical activities. Each development parcel or pad located within the Northeast Aerospace- Industrial Project Area is an aeronautical commercial site and is not subject to procedures applicable to the master hangar waiting list described in Administrative Policy 2030 of this title.