(A)   All applications for service shall be in writing on the utility's standard form and shall be made at the office of utility, accompanied by all applicable fees and deposits as specified hereafter.  When accepted by the utility, the application shall constitute a binding contract between the applicant and the utility in conformance to these general rules and regulations, and the applicable rate schedule.  See § 50.076 as to responsibility for payment of bills.
   (B)   Residential and incidental farm service.
      (1)   Where the premises are occupied by a tenant or where the utility determines that the service to be furnished is temporary in character, the utility reserves the right to require the application for service to be in the name of the property owner, who shall be responsible for the payment of all bills for electric service.
      (2)   The utility reserves the right to bill and mail the bill direct to the tenant and to require the tenant to make suitable advance deposit to secure payment of all bills.  However, such deposit is for the protection of property owner and in no manner relieves property owner of his or her responsibility for payment of bills.
   (C)   Limitation of 200 feet free extension.
      (1)   This covers extensions to serve permanent buildings and other facilities.  The utility's rate schedules are applicable, where the extension required to be made by the utility for the combined primary, secondary, and service drop facilities does not exceed 200 feet from the point of origin as determined by utility.  Where the extension of facilities exceeds 200 feet, see § 50.026.
      (2)   Where extensions are greater than 200 feet, or when unusual facilities or capacity is required to meet the consumer's requirements, the same will be financed as provided under unusual service extensions at § 50.026.
   (D)   Elements of dwelling unit permanency.  A dwelling unit is considered permanent if all of the following conditions are complied with:
      (1)   Both the land and dwellings are owned by the same individual.
      (2)   The water system is permanent.
      (3)   The sewage system is permanent.
      (4)   The structure is located on a permanent foundation as determined by the utility.
      (5)   If a mobile home or trailer is involved, all wheels must be removed and the unit is mounted on a permanent foundation.
   (E)   Temporary service.  All service applications for campers, trailers, portable tools, house, other construction work and the like shall normally be considered as being temporary in character, as further provided in § 50.025.
   (F)   Trailer and mobile home courts.
      (1)   Where two or more trailers or the like are involved, such service may, at option of the utility, be served through a central metering point.
      (2)   Where more than one unit is served through one meter, the billing procedure shall be as specified under § 50.070(B) as multiple dwelling units.  Where four or more mobile homes or trailers are served through one meter, the general service rate shall apply.  However, such service shall not be submetered or resold by the owner or operator.  If this requirement is violated, service shall be subject to disconnection upon 24 hours written notice by the utility.
      (3)   If owner desires that each unit be individually metered and billed, all wiring beyond the pole on which the main service drop is terminated shall be owned, operated and maintained and installed at the owner's expense.
      (4)   If the utility determines that the mobile home is a permanent installation, the utility may elect to install all secondary wiring and service drops.
      (5)   Billing will commence with the first billing month following the date that the utility establishes service to the meter pole.  For bill responsibility, see §§ 50.070 et seq.
   (G)   Right-of-way.  Before electric service is established, any necessary right-of-way easements must be executed by the property owner on the utility's standard right-of-way form.  If the applicant for electric service is not the owner of the property to be supplied with electric service, it will be the responsibility of the applicant to assist in obtaining the necessary right-of-way, not only for the property to be served with electricity, but also all other properties it may be necessary to cross with the utility's electric lines in order to furnish the electric service.
(Ord. 10-85, passed 10-7-85)