No person, corporation or business entity, agent, condominium, townhouse or homeowners' association shall engage in the business of renting any dwelling unit to the public, operating a rental dwelling or dwelling unit, rooming house or rooming unit, unless a valid residential rental license has been issued by the City Clerk for the specific location. This licensing requirement shall not apply to group homes governed by the Specialized Living Centers Act, ILCS Ch. 405, Act 25, §§ 1 et seq., dealing with the developmentally disabled, or other similar uses governed by state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
(Ord. 2013-09-0461O, § 2 (part), passed 9-24-2013; Am. Ord. 2020-02-0785O, passed 2-25-2020) Penalty, see § 10.99