Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Signs may not be installed in any of the following locations:
(1) Except as provided in 1321.11(n) and publicly owned signs, in any public easement or right-of-way;
(2) In any public park or other public property, without written authority of the owner of that property;
(3) On any traffic control signs, fences, utility poles, street signs, trees, shrubs, rocks, or other natural objects;
(4) No sign shall be located so as to interfere with the safe movement of vehicles or pedestrians entering, leaving, or crossing a public right-of-way;
(5) On any property without the prior authorization of the owner of the property on which any sign is to be placed;
(6) Signs shall not be mounted on any portion of the roof or extend above the roof line unless mounted on a parapet wall. Signs shall not extend above the top edge of the parapet wall;
(7) A sign shall not be erected, constructed or maintained so as to obstruct any fire escape, means of egress, window or door opening used as an element of a means of egress or to prevent free passage from one part of a roof to another part thereof or access thereto;
(8) A sign shall not be attached in any form, shape or manner which interferes with any opening required for ventilation except that such signs may be erected in front of and may cover transom windows when not in violation of the provisions of this chapter;
(9) No sign together with any supporting framework shall extend to a height above the maximum building height allowed in a zone; and
(10) Signs shall not cover architectural details such as, but not limited to, arches, sills, moldings, and cornices.
(b) On a corner lot or an interior lot driveway or intersection, in all districts, all signs shall be set back from the right of way lines as needed so that no sign is erected that impedes vehicular traffic visibility or pedestrian visibility between a height of two and ten feet above grade.
(Ord. 15-2017. Passed 5-23-17.)