Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The applicable provisions of this Traffic Code shall be applied to the operation of snowmobiles, off-highway motorcycles, and all-purpose vehicles, except that no snowmobile, off-highway motorcycle, or all-purpose vehicle shall be operated as follows:
(1) On any street, highway except for emergency travel, and travel by safety forces, only during such time and in such manner as the Ohio Director of Public Safety or local authority having jurisdiction shall designate;
(2) On any private property, or in any nursery or planting area, without the written permission of the owner or other person having the right to possession of the property, and such written permission must be in the possession of the person operating such vehicle ;
(3) On any land or waters controlled by the State, except at those locations where a sign has been posted permitting such operation;
(4) On the tracks or right-of-way of any operating railroad;
(5) While transporting any firearm, bow or other implement for hunting that is not unloaded and securely encased;
(6) For the purpose of chasing, pursuing, capturing or killing any animal or wild fowl;
(7) During the time from one-half hour after sunset to one-half hour before sunrise;
(8) No person operating any snowmobile, off-highway motorcycle or all-purpose vehicle shall make or allow to be made any unreasonably loud noise or noise disturbance plainly audible to persons across real property boundary lines, while operating any snowmobile, off-highway motorcycle or all-purpose vehicle within 500 feet of a residence, other than their own residence;
(9) Snowmobiles, off-highway motorcycles and all-purpose vehicles may not be operated on any highways or roads within the Municipality, on the berm or shoulder of a highway, roadway or public right-of-way within the Municipality, or on any property owned by the Municipality.
(b) Whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the third degree and shall be subject to the penalty provided in Section 408.01.
(Ord. 60-2003. Passed 6-23-03.)