Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) No person, with purpose to solicit another to engage in sexual activity for hire and while in or near a public place, shall do any of the following:
(1) Beckon to, stop or attempt to stop another;
(2) Engage or attempt to engage another in conversation;
(3) Stop or attempt to stop the operator of a vehicle or approach a stationary vehicle;
(4) If the offender is the operator of or a passenger in a vehicle, stop, attempt to stop, beckon to, attempt to beckon to, or entice another to approach or enter the vehicle of which the offender is the operator or in which the offender is the passenger;
(5) Interfere with the free passage of another.
(b) No person, with knowledge that the person has tested positive as a carrier of a virus that causes acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, shall engage in conduct in violation of division (a) of this section.
(c) As used in division (a) of this section:
(1) “Public place” means any of the following:
A. A street, road, highway, thoroughfare, bikeway, walkway, sidewalk, bridge, alley, alleyway, plaza, park, driveway, parking lot or transportation facility.
B. A doorway or entrance way to a building that fronts on a place described in division (1)A. of this definition.
C. A place not described in division (1)A. or (1)B. of this definition that is open to the public.
(2) “Vehicle” has the same meaning as in Ohio R.C. 4501.01.
(d) (1) Whoever violates this section is guilty of loitering to engage in solicitation, a misdemeanor of the third degree.
(2) Whoever violates division (b) of this section is guilty of loitering to engage in solicitation after a positive HIV test, a felony to be prosecuted under appropriate state law.
(R.C. § 2907.241)
Testing offenders for venereal disease and AIDS, see Ohio R.C. 2907.27