Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Grounds for denying the issuance or renewal of a license under this chapter include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) The applicant is under the age of 18 years.
(2) The applicant has been convicted within the past five years of any violation of a federal, state or local law, ordinance provision or other regulation relating to tobacco or tobacco products, tobacco-related devices, or nicotine or lobelia delivery devices.
(3) The applicant has had a license to sell tobacco, tobacco products, tobacco-related devices, or nicotine or lobelia delivery devices revoked within the preceding 12 months of the date of application.
(4) The applicant fails to provide any information required on the application, or provides false or misleading information.
(5) The applicant is prohibited by federal, state or other local law, ordinance or other regulation from holding a license.
(B) However, except as may otherwise be provided by law, the existence of any particular ground for denial does not mean that the city must deny the license.
(C) If a license is mistakenly issued or renewed to a person, it shall be revoked upon the discovery that the person was ineligible for the license under this chapter.
(Am. Ord. 720, passed 1-3-13) Penalty, see § 118.99