Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Generally: The Youth Commission shall:
1. Studies And Surveys: Conduct studies and surveys of community conditions, needs and problems affecting youth of various age groups in the community.
2. Recommendations: Recommend plans for the improvement of opportunities for the wholesome development of youth in the City, propose necessary action for the protection of children from exposure to harmful influences and conditions, propose plans for the prevention of delinquency and for the development of services for the rehabilitation of children and recommend the necessary recreational needs of youth in the community.
3. Assistance: Request and obtain such cooperation, assistance and data from governmental departments and public and private agencies as may be reasonably necessary to carry out its work.
4. Subcommittees: Create subcommittees composed of members of the Commission to aid and assist in the work of the Commission.
5. Studies And Proposals: Conduct feasibility studies on potential recreation sites and solicit citizen input on youth needs; propose necessary action for the protection of children from exposure to harmful influences and conditions, propose plans for the prevention of delinquency and for the development of services for the rehabilitation of children.
6. Other Agencies: Coordinate its efforts with other governmental and private agencies, especially schools, serving youth in the community.
7. Annual Report: Each year prepare and submit to the Council a summary report of its operations during the preceding year along with a statement of projected plans and a request for allocation of necessary funds. (Ord. O-01-99, 2-1-1999)