Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) No person or persons on Recreation Park or Reservoir property and adjacent Village owned lands shall:
(1) Fail to comply with all applicable provisions of the State of Motor Vehicle Traffic laws in regard to equipment and operation of vehicles, together with such regulations as are contained in this chapter and other ordinances.
(2) Fail to obey all traffic officers and the Village Administrator, such persons being hereby authorized and instructed to direct traffic whenever and wherever needed on Reservoir property, Recreation Park property and adjacent Village owned lands, in accordance with the provisions of these regulations and such supplementary regulations as may be issued subsequently by the Village Administrator.
(3) Fail to observe carefully all traffic signs indicating speed, directions, caution, stopping or parking, and all other posted for proper control and to safeguard life and property.
(4) Ride or drive a vehicle at a rate of speed exceeding ten miles per hour, or as the Village Administrator may otherwise designate, by posted signs.
(5) Drive any vehicle in any areas except those specifically designated by the Village Administrator and indicated by posted signs. It shall be unlawful for any person to drive any vehicle in any restricted area, except those vehicles specifically authorized by permit signed by the Village Administrator.
(6) Park a vehicle in other than an established or designated parking area except for the purpose of loading or unloading boats in accordance with posted directions or instructions from the attendant on duty.
(7) Ride a bicycle, motor bike, mini-bike, or motorcycle in any areas except the black topped roadway and parking lot. It shall be unlawful for any person or persons to park a bicycle, motor bike, mini-bike, motorcycle in any area other than that specifically designated by posted signs.
(8) Operate an all terrain vehicle anywhere on Reservoir property, Recreation Park, or adjacent Village owned lands, except for the area designated for that purpose.
(9) Nor person or persons shall operate any vehicle on top of the Reservoir embankment or on the sides of the reservoir embankment, excepting duly authorized City employees or contractors performing maintenance, or mowing the embankment.
(10) No horses or any other domestic animals shall be allowed to run loose. Horseback riding will be allowed in designated areas.
(Ord. 01-004. Passed 5-8-01.)