Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Before the Agency takes any action with respect to the condemnation, repair, alteration, improvement, vacating, closing or demolishing, or before ordering any of the foregoing, the Agency shall determine that a dwelling, building or structure is dangerous, unhealthy, or unfit for human habitation for the owner or occupant or other residents of the City. Such findings may include, but are not limited to the following:
(1) Dilapidation, deterioration, age, and obsolescence;
(2) Inadequate provisions for ventilation, air and sanitation;
(3) Existence of conditions which endanger life or property by fire or other causes;
(4) Conditions conducive to ill health, transmission of disease, infant mortality, juvenile delinquency and crime, or
(5) Condition(s) constituting a nuisance.
(b) The Agency may provide from time to time additional standards for determining the conditions above-stated.
(Ord. 01-002. Passed 11-5-01.)