Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) A license issued pursuant to this chapter may be denied or revoked by the Clerk-Treasurer for any of the following causes:
(1) Any fraud, misrepresentation or false statements contained in the application for the license;
(2) Any fraud, misrepresentation, or false statement made in connection with the peddling or solicitation of sales of goods, wares or merchandise;
(3) Any other violation of this chapter;
(4) Conducting the business licensed under this chapter in an unlawful manner or in such a manner as to constitute a breach of the peace or to constitute a menace to the health, safety or general welfare of the public;
(5) The conviction of the license holder or any employee or agent of the license holder of any felony or of any misdemeanor involving dishonesty, fraud, theft, moral turpitude or any threat to the safety or general welfare of the public; or
(6) Three or more written and sworn complaints have been delivered to the Clerk-Treasurer and/or the Town Police Department regarding alleged conduct in violation of this chapter.
(B) A license shall be immediately suspended upon reasonable suspicion by the Clerk-Treasurer of any of the above causes while the potential violation is investigated or pending the arrest or filing of charges against the license holder, or any agent thereof, alleging the commission of any felony or a misdemeanor involving a threat to the safety or general welfare of the public. A license holder is not entitled to a refund for the time the license is suspended or revoked.
(Ord. 2014-12, passed - -2014)