Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Cottages will be fully equipped upon your arrival. Service bags (with linens, towels, soap) will be placed at the front door daily. No other housekeeping services will be provided during your stay.
(1) Cottage rental hours are from 3:00 p.m. until 11:00 a.m.
(2) For late check in, weekend and holiday rentals, keys and cottage information will be located in a coded lock box at the cottage. Prepayment for late check in, weekend, and holiday rentals is required.
(3) Check your cottage upon arrival.
(4) Check out time is 11:00 a.m.
(5) Turn off all lights and lock all doors when checking out. Return keys to return drop box at cottage.
(6) Notify town personnel of any problems immediately (812-480-2779).
(7) The maximum sleeping capacity of the cottage is eight people.
(9) At the time the reservation is made, the town shall be notified of the number of guests.
(10) Your deposit is refundable providing the rental property is not damaged and no items are lost or stolen.
(11) You will be charged all incurred replacement costs for damaged property including labor and materials if something is missing, broken or damaged.
(12) To help us properly maintain the facilities and to keep the cost as low as possible, you are required to do the following before check out:
(a) Wash all dishes and replace in cabinets;
(b) Sweep floors (brooms are provided);
(c) Carry all trash to outside containers;
(d) Remove all food items from the refrigerator and cabinets;
(e) Take all items belonging to you upon departure. The town is not responsible for items left in the cottage;
(f) Only house dogs weighing less than 50 pounds are allowed inside the west cottage. Pets require an extra deposit of $100. Dog shall only be allowed in the west lockmaster cottage. Service animals are exempt from these requirements; and
(g) It is understood that the cottages are overnight quarters for family stays, and if the Town Police Department discovers a violation, your security deposit will be forfeited. You and your guests may also be asked to vacate the premises without legal recourse, and you will not receive a refund on your rental.
(13) Keep all music at reasonable levels as not to offend neighbors or other patrons.
(14) The lockmaster cottage rental does not include the park grounds. The park is a public park and citizens are allowed to use the park grounds. Park grounds close to the public at 10:00 p.m.
(15) The park is regularly patrolled and secured by Town Police Department.
(16) All state liquor laws are applicable and enforced.
(17) Please obey all traffic signs.
(B) There is no smoking allowed in any town-owned building. Failure to comply with this policy will result in vacation of the premises and forfeiture of deposit.
(C) If you have a problem or an emergency with your cottage, please call 812-480-2779. For all other emergencies, please dial 911.
(Ord. 2009-21, passed 10-14-2009) Penalty, see § 95.99