Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) It shall be unlawful for any person or owner to allow any animal of any age, licensed, or unlicensed, wearing or not wearing a collar to:
(1) Run at large, except working farm dogs and hunting dogs while they are trained and under the direction of the owner. An animal need not be physically restrained, but must be under reasonable control of the responsible person;
(2) Be within the confines of any public park that prohibits animals. A service dog accompanied by its owner shall be exempt;
(3) Destroy or deface property, real or personal;
(4) Soil or pollute with solid body waste the property of a person other than the owner, unless promptly removed;
(5) Attack or bite a person;
(6) Show vicious habits or harass passers-by, when such person(s) are lawfully in a public place; and
(7) Cause serious annoyance by loud and/or frequent noise.
(B) It shall be unlawful for any person to:
(1) Remove a collar or tag from any animal without the permission of the owner;
(2) Decoy or entice any animal out of an enclosure off of the property of the owner; and
(3) Seize, harass or tease any animal while held or led by any person or while on the property of the owner.
(C) It shall be unlawful for any person to keep any animal on any property located within the city when the keeping of such animal constitutes a public nuisance or menace to public health or safety.
(Ord. passed 3-11-2021) Penalty, see § 96.99