Skip to code content (skip section selection)
ORDINANCE NO. 1991-5
AN ORDINANCE ADOPTING THE CITY CODE OF NAUVOO, ILLINOIS
WHEREAS, The City Council for the City of Nauvoo, Illinois has determined that it would be in the best interest of the City to codify the Ordinances of the City, and
WHEREAS, The City Council for the City of Nauvoo, Illinois has had the City Ordinances codified by Sterling Codifiers, Inc., has reviewed and revised the draft copy and has now been furnished with a completed City Code for the City of Nauvoo, Illinois, and
WHEREAS, it is in the best interests of the City that the revised City Code be adopted as the City Code of Nauvoo, Illinois.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED by the City Council of Nauvoo, Illinois, an Illinois municipal corporation, as follows:
1. From and after the date of passage of this Ordinance, the City Code of Nauvoo, Illinois, an Illinois municipal corporation, prepared by Sterling codifiers, Inc., contains a compilation of all Ordinances of a general nature together with the changes made to said Ordinances, under the direction of the governing body of the City, shall be accepted in all courts without question as the Official Code and Law of the City as enacted by the Mayor and City Council.
2. There is hereby adopted, the method of perpetual codification, the loose-leaf type of binding together with the continuous supplement service, whereby each newly adopted Ordinance of a general and permanent nature amending, altering, adding or deleting provisions of the Official City Code is identified by the proper catchline and is inserted in the proper place in the official copy, certified as to correctness and available for inspection at any and all times that the office of the City Clerk is regularly open.
3. All Ordinances of a general nature included in this Official City Code shall be considered as a continuation of said Ordinance provision and the fact that some provisions have been deliberately eliminated by the governing body shall not serve to cause any interruption in the continuous effectiveness of Ordinances included in said Official City Code. All Ordinances of a special nature such as tax levy ordinances, bond ordinances, franchises, vacating ordinances and annexation ordinances shall continue in full force and effect unless specifically repealed or amended by a provision of the Official City Code. Such Ordinances are not intended to be included in the Official City Code.
4. It shall be unlawful for any person, firm or corporation to change or amend by additions or deletions, any part or portion of the Official City Code, or to insert or delete pages or portions thereof, or alter or tamper with such Official City Code in any manner whatsoever which will cause the law of the City to be misrepresented thereby.
5. All Ordinances or parts of Ordinances in conflict herewith, are, to the extent of such conflict, hereby repealed.
6. This Ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage and approval and publication as provided by law.
Passed and adopted by the City Council of Nauvoo, Illinois, on the 14th day of January, 1992.
/s/ J. Dale Bruegger
/s/ M. Jane Hamma
Published: February 12, 1992