Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Composition. The Committee on Economic Development shall consist of a minimum of three and a maximum of four members of Town Council, said numerical make-up being at the discretion of the Mayor, and one voting ex officio member of the Mount Pleasant Waterworks.
(B) Purpose. The Committee on Economic Development shall be responsible for the following:
(1) Receive regular reports from Town Administrator and Economic Development Coordinator regarding economic development plans/projects.
(2) Consider requests for economic development incentives and make recommendations to Town Council.
(3) Review ordinances and policies relative to economic development and make recommendations to Town Council on approval.
(4) Review proposals to provide public infrastructure projects in support of economic development.
(5) Recommend land use, zoning, and other policy changes to Town Council.
(C) Notwithstanding division (A) of § 30.65, members of the Committee on Economic Development shall be appointed by the Mayor each year at the regular monthly meeting in December to serve a one- year term, commencing January 1 and ending December 31.
(Ord. 04065, passed 12-14-04; Am. Ord. 05096, passed 1-11-06; Am. Ord. 17064, passed 1-10-18)