Skip to code content (skip section selection)
ORDINANCE NO. 1716
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF MOUNTAIN HOME, IDAHO, AMENDING TITLE 9, CHAPTER 8, SECTION 3B “ACCESS TO A PUBLIC STREET” AND TITLE NINE, CHAPTER 16, SECTION 13B “DESIGN STANDARDS” OF THE MOUNTAIN HOME CITY CODE OF MOUNTAIN HOME, IDAHO, BY ADDING A PATHWAY REQUIREMENT; AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
BE IT ORDAINED BY THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF MOUNTAIN HOME, IDAHO as follows:
SECTION 1: That Section 9-8-3B, Chapter 8, Title 9 of the City Code of Mountain Home, Idaho, be and the same is hereby amended to provide as follows:
9-8-3B: ACCESS TO PUBLIC STREET:
Except as otherwise provided for herein by planned unit developments (PUD) and/or the subdivision ordinance, every principal building shall be constructed or erected upon an individual lot or parcel of land which abuts upon a private or public street, unless access is otherwise provided.
A. Street Right Of Way Improvements: It shall be required, as a minimum, that the street be completed from property line to the centerline of the street and that sidewalk, curb and gutter be constructed according to city standards.
B. Sidewalk/Curb,And Gutter and Pathways For Remodels: Sidewalk, curb,andgutter and pathways may be required on remodels, and/or expansion of the land use (see sidewalk ordinance8-1B-1 & 2).
C. Fire/Garbage Turnarounds: Adequate turnarounds for fire equipment and garbage service shall be provided and approved by the city engineer and fire chief.
D. Extension Of Time For Completion Of Street, Sidewalk, Curb And Gutter: For individual lot development, outside of a subdivision or PUD, requirements shall not be waived but may be deferred, by written agreement, upon recommendation of the city engineer and approval of the city council when existing improvements are not within three hundred feet (300'); or until such time as an adjacent property is developed with improvements; or an LID is undertaken by the city; or other agreement has been entered into by the city council.
SECTION 2: That Section 9-16-13B, Chapter 16, Title 9 of the City Code of Mountain Home, Idaho, be and the same is hereby amended to provide as follows:
9-16-13: DESIGN STANDARDS:
B. Pedestrian Walkways:
1. Walkway Easements: Walkway easements for pedestrians shall be provided where deemed essential to provide circulation or access to schools, playgrounds, shopping areas, transportation or any other community facilities. Walkway easements shall have a minimum width of ten feet (10').
2. Walkway Width: Walkways shall be a minimum of ten feet (10') in width and shall be improved with a concrete walk over the full width of the easement.
3. Sidewalk Required: Sidewalks are required contiguous with the public streets. They shall be a minimum of five feet (5') in width and shall be wider in areas near shopping centers, schools or where pedestrian traffic may warrant a greater width. The sidewalk requirement for the purposes of this chapter shall conform as a minimum to section 8-1B-1 of this code.
4. Pathway Required: A pathway is required to be constructed if identified on the most recently adopted Master Pathways Plan. Pathway design shall be per the Master Pathways Plan. The pathway requirement for the purposes of this chapter shall conform as a minimum to section 8-1B-2 of this code.
4. 5. Sidewalks And Pedestrian Walkways: Sidewalks shall be required on both sides of the street, except that where the average width of lots, as measured at the street frontage line or at the building setback line, is over two hundred ten feet (210'), sidewalks on only one side of the street may be allowed.
SECTION 3: This ordinance shall become effective upon its passage, approval and publication.
PASSED by the City Council of the City of Mountain Home, Idaho, this 10th day of May, 2021.
APPROVED by the Mayor of the City of Mountain Home, Idaho, this 11th day of May, 2021.
__ RICH SYKES_____________
Rich Sykes, Mayor
Nina Patterson, City Clerk