Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The applicable provisions of this Traffic Code shall be applied to the operation of snowmobiles, off-highway motorcycles, and all purpose vehicles; except that no snowmobile, off- highway motorcycle, or all purpose vehicle shall be operated as follows:
(1) On any street or highway except for emergency travel only during such time and in such manner as the State or local authority having jurisdiction over such street or highway shall designate, and except as provided in Section 375.04;
(2) Upon any property owned or leased by the Municipality except in areas designated for such purposes;
(3) On any private property, or in any nursery or planting area, without the permission of the owner or other person having the right to possession of the property;
(4) On any land or waters controlled by the State, except at those locations where a sign has been posted permitting such operation;
(5) On tracks or right of way of any operating railroad;
(6) While transporting any firearm, bow or other implement for hunting, that is not unloaded and securely encased;
(7) For the purpose of chasing, pursuing, capturing or killing any animal or wild fowl;
(8) During the time from sunset to sunrise, unless displaying lighted lights as required by Section 375.02.
(b) Whoever violates this section shall be fined not less than fifty dollars ($50.00) nor more than five hundred dollars ($500.00), imprisoned not less than three nor more than thirty days, or both.