Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Definitions. For the purpose of this Section, the following terms shall have the meaning herein indicated:
(1) "Medical marijuana" means marijuana that is cultivated, processed, dispensed, tested, possessed, or used for a medical purpose.
(2) "Cultivate" means to grow, harvest, package, and transport medical marijuana pursuant to Chapter 3976 of the Ohio Revised Code.
(3) "Cultivator" means an entity that has been issued a certificate of operation by the Ohio Department of Commerce to grow, harvest, package, and transport medical marijuana as permitted under Chapter 3796 of the Ohio Revised Code.
(4) "Dispensary" means an entity licensed pursuant to Sections 3796.04 and 3796.10 of the Ohio Revised Code and any rules promulgated thereunder to sell medical marijuana to qualifying patients and caregivers.
(5) "Dispense" means the delivery of medical marijuana to a patient or the patient's registered caregiver that is packaged in a suitable container appropriately labeled for subsequent administration to or use by a patient who has an active patient registration with the State of Ohio Board of Pharmacy, authorizing them to receive medical marijuana.
(6) "Manufacture" means the process of converting harvested plant marijuana into marijuana extract by physical or chemical means for use as an ingredient in a medical marijuana product.
(7) "Medical marijuana entity" means a licensed medical marijuana cultivator, processor, dispensary, or testing laboratory.
(8) "Medical marijuana product" means a product that contains cannabinoids that has been extracted from plant material or the resin therefrom by physical or chemical means and is intended for administration to a registered patient, including but not limited to oils, tinctures, edibles, patches, and other forms approved under division (A)(6) or Section 3796.06 of the Ohio Revised Code.
(9) "Processor" means an entity that has been issued a certificate of operation by the Ohio Department of Commerce to manufacture medical marijuana products.
(10) "Testing Laboratory" means an independent laboratory located in Ohio that has been issued a certificate of operation by the Department of Commerce to have custody and use of controlled substances for scientific and medical purposes and for purposes of instruction, research, or analysis.
(b) Prohibited Entities. All Medical Marijuana Entities, excluding Testing Laboratories, are prohibited in all zoning districts in the Village of Moreland Hills. Testing Laboratories are permitted only in a state university, academic medical center, or private research and development organization as part of a research protocol approved by an institutional review board or equivalent entity in accordance with state law.
(Ord. 2017-30. Passed 8-9-17.)