Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The applicable provisions of this traffic code apply to the operation of snowmobiles, off-highway motorcycles, and all-purpose vehicles, except that no person shall operate a snowmobile, off-highway motorcycle, or all-purpose vehicle as follows:
(1) On any state highway, including a limited access highway or freeway or the right-of-way thereof, except for emergency travel during such time and in such manner as the Ohio Director of Public Safety designates or except as authorized by R.C. § 4519.41(F);
(2) On any private property, or in any nursery or planting area, without the permission of the owner or other person having the right to possession of the property;
(3) On any land or waters controlled by the state, except at those locations where a sign has been posted permitting such operation;
(4) On the tracks or right-of-way of any operating railroad;
(5) While transporting any firearm, bow or other implement for hunting that is not unloaded and securely encased;
(6) For the purpose of chasing, pursuing, capturing or killing any animal or wild fowl; or
(7) During the time from sunset to sunrise, unless displaying lighted lights as required by R.C. § 4519.20 or a substantially equivalent municipal ordinance.
(B) Whoever violates this section shall be fined not less than $50 nor more than $500, imprisoned not less than 3 nor more than 30 days, or both.
(R.C. § 4519.40)