Any person, including the city, who believes there is property located within the corporate limits of the city which has growing plant matter in violation of this subchapter shall make a written complaint signed, dated, and filed with the City Manager-Clerk. If the city makes the complaint, an employee, officer, or Council member of the city shall file the complaint in all respects as set out above.