Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The Middletown City Council policy is to:
(1) Provide reasonable and equitable opportunity for all enterprises to do business with the city; and
(2) Encourage the participation of locally owned businesses and minority and women business enterprises to seek and perform on City goods and services contracts. The development of strong area businesses, including minority and women owned companies, is important to the future of Middletown.
(b) (1) No person, firm, or corporation shall discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, or gender in the procurement of any contract with the City for goods and services. Middletown based vendors are encouraged to participate in the purchasing process and will be considered on City purchases covered by this policy when submitting a bid, proposal, quotation or other offer to perform such services or provide such goods.
(2) This policy shall apply as follows:
A. To vendors submitting bids, proposals, and quotations to the City for goods and services, financed by the City; and
B. To the Purchasing Division and all other City departments and staff responsible for the acquisition of goods and services.
(3) The City reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids, to refuse to award a contract, to terminate any bid or contract attempted to be secured, to advertise for new bids and further reserves the right to award a contract in the City’s best interest, and therefore, may select a bidder other than the lowest.
(4) This policy is not intended to require the City to take formal steps, such as advertising, requesting proposals or bidding for goods and services where such formal steps are not otherwise required by law.
(Res. R2004-34, passed 10-19-2004)