Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The City Manager shall be the chief administrative officer and the head of the administrative branch of the City government. He shall be responsible to City Council for the proper administration of all affairs of the City and to that end he shall have power and shall be required to:
(1) Appoint and, when necessary for the good of the service, remove all officers and employees of the City except as otherwise provided by this Charter and except as he may authorize the head of the department or office to appoint and remove subordinates in such department or office; such appointments and removals shall be subject to the advice and consent of City Council;
(2) Prepare the budget annually and submit it to City Council and be responsible for its administration after adoption;
(3) Prepare and submit to City Council as of the end of the fiscal year a complete report on the finances and administrative activities of the City for the preceding year;
(4) Keep City Council advised of the financial condition and future needs of the City and make such recommendations as may seem to him desirable;
(5) Perform such other duties as may be prescribed by this Charter or required of him by City Council not inconsistent with this Charter.
(Amended 11-8-1949; 11-7-2000; 11-3-2009)