Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Traffic sensitive districts, as shown on the official zoning map are established for the following purposes:
(1) To facilitate the movement of traffic along major roads in the town in a safe and orderly manner;
(2) To reduce the number and increase the spacing of driveways which may disrupt traffic flow;
(3) To reduce infringement on the rights of the public to travel roadways in a safe manner, while at the same time providing for adequate ingress and egress to properties; and
(4) To protect public safety along major thoroughfares in the town where accidents have frequently occurred.
(B) In any traffic sensitive district, the minimum lot width/frontage per lot, specified in § 603, shall be 300 feet. All other provisions contained in § 603 regarding district dimensional regulations and all other applicable provisions of this chapter shall be required for the corresponding zoning district to which the letter "A" has been added.
(C) On any lot existing on the effective date of this chapter (the original lot), the lot width/frontage may be reduced to the provisions of § 603, provided:
(1) Only one driveway or curb opening onto streets listed in division (E) below shall be created to serve the original lot; or
(2) Future subdivisions or lots created from the original lot shall be served by a single common driveway or curb opening onto the streets listed in division (E) below; or
(3) A public street or street system approved by the Planning Board under the provisions of the Rules and Regulations Regarding the Subdivision and Development of Land shall be created to serve all subsequent lots created from the original lot.
(D) Common driveways, rights-of-way or other common means of access to adjacent streets listed in division (E) below shall be reviewed and approved by the Planning Board before any building permit shall be issued for lots created from the original lot.
(E) The frontage/lot width requirements of this section shall be applicable only to lots having frontage on the following streets:
(1) East Main Road (Route 138);
(2) West Main Road (Route 114);
(3) Valley Road (Route 214); and
(4) Aquidneck Avenue (Route 138A).
(Ord. passed 10-30-06)