The Commission may, at the discretion of the City Council, employ necessary help whose salaries, wages, and other necessary expenses shall be provided for by adequate appropriation made by the City Council from the public funds. If the Planning Commission shall deem it advisable to secure technical advice or services, it may be done upon authority from the City Council and appropriations by the City Council therefor.
(1977 Code, § 3-16-8)