Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) (1) The following officers and employees of the City of Metropolis are hereby designated Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) officers and alternate FOIA officers of the City of Metropolis pursuant to ILCS Ch. 5, Act 140, § 3.5(a).
(a) City Clerk, primary FOIA officer;
(b) Deputy City Clerk, first alternate FOIA officer;
(c) Payroll Clerk, second alternate FOIA officer;
(2) If the primary FOIA officer is absent from the City of Metropolis or otherwise unable to perform the duties of FOIA officer, then the first alternate FOIA officer shall act as the FOIA officer. If both the primary FOIA officer and the first alternate FOIA officer are absent from the City of Metropolis or are otherwise unable to perform the duties of FOIA officer then the second alternate FOIA officer shall act as the FOIA officer.
(B) The following departments or boards shall designate one or more FOIA officers to perform the duties of a FOIA officer with respect to documents maintained by said department or board:
(1) Police Department;
(2) Fire Department;
(3) Zoning Board of Appeals;
(4) Airport Board;
(5) Planning Commission;
(6) Library Board;
(7) Police and Fire Commission;
(8) Police Retirement Board;
(9) Firefighter's Retirement Board;
(10) Foreign Fire Insurance Board;
(11) Metropolis Area Tourism Commission.
(C) All FOIA officers designated in the preceding divisions must complete the training offered by the Illinois Open Meetings Act as required in ILCS Ch. 5, Act 120, § 1.05(a).
(D) The primary FOIA officer is authorized to develop and use the following in order to implement the FOIA for the City of Metropolis:
(1) Forms to implement the FOIA. Among the forms that the primary FOIA officer may establish include but are not limited to the following:
(b) Request Form;
(c) Notice of Incomplete Request;
(d) Supplemental Information Form;
(e) Notice of Approval;
(f) Acknowledgment of Inspection;
(g) Notice of Extension of Time;
(h) Request for Extension of Time;
(i) Extension Agreement;
(j) Notice for Meeting;
(k) Acknowledgment of Narrowed Request;
(l) General Notice of Denial/Partial Denial of Request;
(m) Notice of Intent to Deny;
(n) Notice of Denial/Partial Denial of Request;
(2) Establish fees for copying and certification of FOIA requests.
(E) In carrying out the provisions of division (C) above, the primary FOIA officer and all alternate, departmental, and board appointed FOIA officers shall comply with the FOIA, being ILCS Ch. 5, Act 140, §§ 1 et seq.
(Ord. 2010-01, passed 1-25-2010)