Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The employees of the city not subject to the collective bargaining agreement shall receive the following:
(1) The same number of days of sick leave per year after one continuous complete year of service with unused sick leave to be subject to a maximum accumulation all as provided by the language contained in the current Public Works Collective Bargaining Agreement;
(2) One-week vacation with pay after one continuous complete year of service;
(3) Two-weeks’ vacation with pay after two continuous complete years of service;
(4) Three-weeks’ vacation with pay after ten continuous complete years of service;
(5) Four-weeks’ vacation with pay after 15 continuous complete years of service; and
(6) Five weeks’ vacation with pay after 20 continuous years of service.
(B) Upon request of any employee, a leave of absence for a period not exceeding ten days shall be granted by the Mayor when the affairs of the city will so permit. Any longer absence requires Council approval.
(C) No employee shall be required to perform services that may endanger his or her physical safety beyond the usual and normal requirements of his or her job.
(1977 Code, § 3-14-6) (Ord. 85-5, passed 8-12-1985)