Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Preliminary budget. During the month of May of each year, the Foreign Fire Insurance Board shall approve a preliminary budget for the expenditure of the Foreign Fire Insurance Company fees collected. The budget shall prescribe the purposes for which foreign fire insurance fees will be expended for the maintenance, use, and benefit of the Metropolis Fire Department for the upcoming fiscal year (July 1 to June 30). These purposes may include the following:
(1) Purchase of safety equipment;
(2) Training and materials and equipment;
(3) Attendance at training schools subject to approval by the Fire Chief;
(4) Station furnishings and equipment;
(5) Emergency medical and fire suppression equipment;
(6) Treasurers bond expense; and
(7) Audit expense.
(B) Final budget. The Foreign Fire Insurance Board shall, during June of each year, prior to the start of the fiscal year, adopt a final budget for the collection and payment of the Foreign Fire Insurance Company fees. The final budget shall be presented to the City Council for approval.
(C) Budget amendments. The Foreign Fire Insurance Board budget may be amended at any time by majority vote of the Foreign Fire Insurance Board and approval by the City Council.
(Ord. 95-23, passed 9-11-1995)