Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Chairperson. The Chairperson shall preside at all meetings of the Foreign Fire Insurance Board. The Chairperson shall have such other powers as may be given from time to time by action of the City Council, consistent with the Illinois Municipal Code.
(B) Vice-Chairperson. The Vice-Chairperson shall carry out the duties of the Chairperson during the absence or inability of the Chairperson to perform such duties and shall carry out such other functions as are assigned from time to time by the Foreign Fire Insurance Chairperson or the City Council.
(C) Secretary. The Secretary shall take minutes at any and all meetings of the Foreign Fire Insurance Board. The Secretary shall also perform any other duties and functions as are assigned from time to time by the Chairperson of the Foreign Fire Insurance Board or the City Council.
(D) Treasurer. The Treasurer shall perform the following duties:
(1) Have charge and custody of and be responsible for all funds collected by the city from the Foreign Fire Insurance Company fees;
(2) Deposit all such monies in the name of the City of Metropolis Fire Department in such banks, savings and loan associations or other depositories as shall be selected by the City Council;
(3) Invest the funds as are not immediately required in such securities as the City Council shall specifically or generally select from time to time;
(4) Maintain the financial books and records of the Department, provided, however, that all investments of the Foreign Fire Insurance Company fees shall be made only in those securities which may be purchased by Illinois non-home rule municipalities under the provisions of the Illinois Compiled Statutes;
(5) In general, perform all duties incidental to the office of Treasurer and such other duties as from time to time may be assigned to him or her by the Foreign Fire Insurance Board Chairperson or the City Council;
(6) Give a sufficient bond to the city to be approved by the Mayor conditioned upon the faithful performance by the Treasurer of his or her duties under this subchapter and the rules and regulations provided herein; the bond shall be paid for from the funds collected from the Foreign Fire Insurance Company fees;
(7) Receive the Foreign Fire Insurance Company fees so paid and shall pay out the money upon the order of the Foreign Fire Insurance Board for the maintenance, use, and benefit of the Department;
(8) Make no expenditure from the fund without the approval of the Board; and
(9) Drawn no check on the fund account unless the same be signed by both the Chairperson and the Treasurer.
(Ord. 95-23, passed 9-11-1995)