Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Number. There shall be provided open, assigned parking spaces on the project site in the number of one and one-half spaces per dwelling unit, except in the elderly apartment area where the number shall be one-half of a parking space per dwelling unit. Completely enclosed garages may be provided in lieu of parking spaces, but the total number of garages and parking spaces shall be not less than the number required in this subsection.
(Ord.80-0-21. Passed 10-14-80.)
(1) No parking space shall be less than 180 square feet in area (drives, curbs and turning spaces excluded). The minimum width shall be nine feet. Traffic moving areas between parallel parking spaces shall not be less than eighteen feet wide.
(2) If garages are provided, open parking spaces shall also be provided in the number of one-half space per dwelling unit.
(1) No parking space or garage assigned to a dwelling unit shall be more than 250 feet from a building entrance housing such dwelling unit. No parking spaces shall be located between the public right of way and the exterior wall of a structure.
(2) Parking spaces may be permitted between buildings facing rear to rear and/or between buildings facing side to rear or between buildings and rear and side property. lines.
(d) Access Drives.
(1) Access drives shall be provided to service the parking spaces and permit egress of emergency vehicles. Access drives shall not be less than eighteen feet in width for two-way vehicular movement nor ten feet in width for one-way movement.
(2) The access drives and parking spaces shall be paved with a dustless permanent pavement (asphalt or concrete).
(3) Storage garages for private automobiles and maintenance of vehicles accessory to the apartment projects shall be wholly enclosed and may be permitted adjacent to the main structures, yet not nearer to the side or rear lot line than ten feet. Accessory parking areas may be permitted in basements of apartment structures, the provisions of Part Sixteen - the Fire Prevention Code permitting.
(Ord.79-0-14. Passed 7-24-79.)