Skip to code content (skip section selection)
As used in these Subdivision Regulations, certain words used herein are defined as follows:
(a) Street. "Street" means a way for vehicular traffic, whether designated as a street, highway, thoroughfare, parkway, throughway, road, avenue, boulevard, lane, place or however otherwise designated.
(1) "Arterial street" or "highway" means those streets which are used primarily for fast or heavy traffic.
(2) "Collector street" means a street which carries traffic from minor streets to the major system of arterial streets and highways, including the principal entrance streets of a residential development and streets for circulation within such a development.
(3) "Minor street" means a street which is used primarily for access to the abutting properties.
(4) "Marginal access street" means a minor street which is parallel to and adjacent to an arterial street or highway, and which provides access to abutting properties and protection from through traffic.
(5) "Alley" means a minor way which is used primarily for vehicular service access to the back or the side of properties otherwise abutting on a street.
(b) Subdivision. "Subdivision" means the division of a parcel of land into two or more lots or parcels for the purpose of transfer of ownership or building development, or, if a new street is involved, any division of a parcel of land. "Subdivision" includes resubdivision and, when appropriate to the context, shall relate to the process of subdividing or to the land subdivided.
(c) Subdivision Regulations. "Subdivision Regulations" mean Ordinance 1418, passed May 23, 1961, as amended, codified herein as Title Two of Part Twelve - the Planning and Zoning Code.
(Ord.1418. Passed 5-23-61.)