Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Any person, firm, business, corporation, organization or other entity seeking to conduct or operate a poker run shall file an application therefore with the Liquor and License Committee on the forms provided by the Liquor and License Committee.
B. Applications for licenses under this Section must contain the following information:
1. The name and address of the applicant organization;
2. The type of organization that is conducting the raffle or poker run, i.e., religious, charitable, labor, fraternal, educational, veterans or other;
3. The length of existence of the organization and, if incorporated, the date and state of incorporation;
4. The name, address, telephone number, and date of birth of the organization’s presiding officer, secretary, and any other members responsible for the conduct and operation of the raffle or poker run;
5. The name, address, and telephone number of all locations at which the poker run will be conducted;
6. The time period during which the poker run will be conducted;
7. The time of determination of winning chances and the location or locations at which the winning chances will be determined;
8. A sworn statement attesting to the not-for-profit character of the prospective licensee organization signed by the presiding officer and the secretary of that organization; and
9. A certificate signed by the presiding officer of the applicant organization attesting to the fact that the information contained in the application is true and correct.
C. An application for a license to conduct or operate a poker run shall be accompanied by a non-refundable $5 shall be charged by the County of McHenry and paid to the Liquor and License Committee at the time of application for a poker run license.
(Ord. O-201505-12-020, § VII, passed 5-5-2015)