Skip to code content (skip section selection)
ORDINANCE NO. 2011-2855
AN ORDINANCE TO REVISE ALL CODE OF ORDINANCES OF THE CITY OF MCCOOK, NEBRASKA, TO REPEAL PRIOR ORDINANCES, TO REQUIRE FILING, AND TO PROVIDE AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
BE IT ORDAINED BY THE MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF MCCOOK, NEBRASKA:
SECTION 1. The general ordinances of the City of McCook, Nebraska, are hereby revised, codified, and printed in book form as the "Code of Ordinances of the City of McCook, Nebraska" consisting of the following Titles:
TITLE I: GENERAL PROVISIONS
10. Rules of Construction; General Penalty
TITLE III: ADMINISTRATION
30. Government Officials
31. City Policies
34. Purchasing Regulations
35. City Organizations
37. Civil Service
38. Fee Schedule
TITLE V: DEPARTMENTS
50. Municipal Utilities
51. Sewer Regulations
53. Police and Fire Departments
54. City Parks and Property
55. Solid Waste
TITLE VII: TRAFFIC CODE
70. General Provisions
71. Traffic Rules
72. Parking and Stopping
73. Traffic Schedules
74. Parking Schedules
TITLE IX: GENERAL REGULATIONS
91. Fire Prevention; Fireworks; Poisonous or Flammable Gas; Explosives
92. Fair Housing
93. Unlicensed Vehicles
94. Streets and Sidewalks
95. Nuisance; Health and Sanitation
96. Trees and Shrubs
TITLE XI: BUSINESS REGULATIONS
110. Licensing of Construction Contractors
111. Alcoholic Beverages
112. Itinerant Merchants, Peddlers and Solicitors
113. Trailer Camps and Camping Areas
114. Telephone Companies
115. Garbage Collection
116. Oil and Natural Gas
117. Lottery Regulations
118. Alarm Systems
TITLE XIII: GENERAL OFFENSES
130. General Offenses
TITLE XV: LAND USAGE
150. Building Codes and Regulations
TABLE OF SPECIAL ORDINANCES
I. Franchise Agreements
References to Nebraska Revised Statutes
References to Prior Code
References to Resolutions
References to Ordinances
SECTION 2. The Code of Ordinances contains all of the provisions of a general nature pertaining to the subjects enumerated and embraced in the code. All prior ordinances pertaining to the subjects treated by the code are repealed, except that nothing shall affect any rights acquired under, actions involving, or fines, penalties, forfeitures, or liabilities incurred pursuant to such ordinances prior to repeal.
SECTION 3. All ordinances of a temporary or special nature and all other ordinances pertaining to subjects not embraced in the Code of Ordinances, including ordinances specified in this section, shall remain in full force and effect unless repealed expressly or by necessary implication.
1. Vacating or setting the boundaries of streets, alleys, or other public places.
2. Annexing or detaching territory.
3. Granting or accepting easements, plats, or dedication of land to public use.
4. Providing for the acquisition or conveyance of real or personal property.
5. Authorizing or directing public improvements to be made.
6. Levying taxes or special assessments.
7. Appropriating money.
8. Granting franchises or special licenses.
9. Providing for the issuance of bonds or other instruments of indebtedness.
SECTION 4. At least one copy of the Code of Ordinances shall be on file in the office of the City Clerk and available for inspection by members of the public during the hours the office is kept open for the ordinary transaction of business. The Clerk shall file a copy of the ordinances with the County Court.
SECTION 5. This ordinance shall be in full force and shall take effect from and after its passage, approval, and publication according to law.
Passed and approved this 16th day of May, 2011.
-s- Dennis Berry, Mayor
-s- Lea Ann Doak, City Clerk-Treasurer