The City Council will consider a petition to vacate a street or alley under the following circumstances:
   (A)   The formal petition to vacate must first be presented to the Planning Commission for their recommendation. The recommendation of the Planning Commission is advisory to the City Council.
   (B)   The alley way or street sought to be vacated must no longer have any current or reasonably foreseeable use to the city.
   (C)   The petitioners seeking the vacation of the street or alley agree to pay not less than one-third of the average to two appraisals of the value of the real estate within the area of the alley way or street sought to be vacated.
   (D)   The City Council shall only consider an ordinance for the purpose of vacating the street or alley subsequent to a public hearing thereon as required by law.
(Ord. 96-4860, passed 7-16-1996)