Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Issuance: The Superintendent is authorized to issue written permits authorizing the permittee to do any of the following:
1. To make an excavation/street cut upon a County right of way;
2. To construct, install, build, place, change or remove any encroachment upon a County right of way; and/or,
3. To plant, remove, cut down, injure or destroy any tree, shrub, plant or flower growing upon any County right of way.
1. All applications for a permit under this Chapter shall be made to the Department.
2. All applications shall be in writing on forms provided by the Department.
3. Each applicant shall have a licensed contractor perform any work described in the application and shall provide the contractors name, license classification and address thereon, unless the requirements of this Section are waived by the Superintendent.
4. Each applicant for a permit allowing an encroachment shall include the following information in the application:
a. The name(s) of the owner(s) of the property abutting the portion of the County right of way upon which the encroachment is to be made;
b. The legal description of the property abutting the portion of the County right of way upon which the encroachment is proposed to be made;
c. A clean and legible drawing, which shows the affected property lines as they abut the right of way, the edge of the traveled portion of the right of way, including shoulder areas, and the location, size, height and type of construction of the proposed encroachment; and
d. All other information that the Superintendent deems necessary.
5. Each applicant applying for permit allowing a street cut or excavation, shall provide the following information:
a. The time, date and location of the excavation;
b. A concise description of the work to be completed; and,
c. All other information that the Superintendent deems necessary. (Ord. 377, 3-4-93, eff. 4-1-93)