(Amended by Ord. No. 184,692, Eff. 12/30/16.)
99.05.305.1. Recycled Water Supply to Fixtures. (Amended by Ord. No. 186,488, Eff. 12/27/19.) When City-recycled water is available within 200 feet of the property line, 100 percent of water for water closets, urinals, floor drains, and process cooling and heating in that building shall come from City-recycled water. Recycled water systems shall be designed and installed in accordance with the Los Angeles Plumbing Code.
1. Additions that use any part of the existing plumbing system.
2. Alterations that do not include replacing all of the potable water piping.
3. Where City-recycled water quality has been deemed non-suitable for a particular fixture or equipment, connection to the City is not required. The fixture and/or equipment shall be dual-plumbed to allow for future connection.
99.05.305.2. Graywater Ready. (Amended by Ord. No. 186,488, Eff. 12/27/19.) Waste piping shall be arranged to permit the discharge from the clothes washer, bathtub, showers and bathroom/restroom washbasins to be used for a future graywater irrigation system(s). The flow from the fixtures shall be piped separately, and shall, at a minimum, be adequate to supply the irrigation demand as determined by the California Department of Water Resources' Model Water Efficiency Landscape Ordinance (MWELO). The point(s) of connection between graywater piping and other waste piping shall be accessible (as defined in LAMC Section 99.02.202) and provided with signage that is satisfactory to the Department.
1. Buildings with a graywater, rainwater harvesting, or other water reuse system.
2. Sites with landscape areas not exceeding 500 square feet (46.45 m 2 ).
3. Projects where graywater systems are not permitted due to geological conditions.
4. Additions and alterations that use the existing building drain.
1. Cooling towers shall have a minimum of 6 cycles of concentration (blowdown); or
2. A minimum of 50 percent of makeup water supply shall come from non-potable water sources, including treated backwash.