(Amended by Ord. No. 184,692, Eff. 12/30/16.)
91.1710.1. General. (Amended by Ord. No. 185,587, Eff. 7/16/18.) A certified security bar installer may certify to the Department that any bars, grilles, grates, security roll-down shutters, or similar devices installed on required emergency escape windows or doors meet the requirements of LAMC Subsection 91.6304.3.
The Department may allow the use of a certified installer if:
1. The certified installer obtains a Certificate of Registration in accordance with the provisions of this section.
2. The certified installer files with the Department a Certificate of Compliance for each dwelling unit for which certification is being made. The Certificate of Compliance shall be on a form provided by the Department and shall be signed by the property owner and the certified installer.
3. The Certificate of Compliance processing fee is paid in accordance with LAMC Subsection 91.107.7.
4. The certified installer files the Certificate of Compliance with the Department within 15 days after completion of the installation.
91.1710.4.1. Examination Required. Before any person shall be issued a Certificate of Registration, the applicant, who must be an officer in the case of a firm, partnership or corporation, shall have successfully passed the examination required for the issuance of the certificate within ninety (90) days preceding the date of the issuance.
The results of every examination shall be subject to the approval of the Superintendent.
Each examiner shall serve at the pleasure of the Superintendent of Building and shall serve for a period of one year unless reappointed by the Superintendent of Building.
91.1710.4.4. Scope of Examination. (Amended by Ord. No. 185,587, Eff. 7/16/18.) The examination shall, in the judgment of the Board of Examiners, fairly determine the ability of the applicant to properly perform the work, which he or she would be authorized to do by the certificate requested, and may include the following:
1. A written test.
2. Practical tests as may be required.
3. An oral interview as may be required.
4. Other tests as may be required by the Board of Examiners.
91.1710.4.8. Failure to Pass. Every applicant who fails to pass an examination shall not be eligible for another examination until four (4) weeks after taking the previous examination. Any applicant who fails to pass on the third try shall not be eligible again until six (6) months after taking the previous examination.
91.1710.5.2. Renewal of Certificates. (Amended by Ord. No. 185,587, Eff. 7/16/18.) Expired certificates may be renewed at any time within twelve (12) months following the date of expiration. However, after the first month, the renewal fee shall be increased by 10% for each subsequent month. After a certificate has been expired for one year, it may not be renewed; however, an applicant may apply for a new certificate at that time.
91.1710.7. Revocation of Certificate. (Amended by Ord. No. 185,587, Eff. 7/16/18.) Any certificate may be suspended or revoked in accordance with the provisions of Article 8, Chapter IX of the LAMC.