(Amended by Ord. No. 134,523, Eff. 7/17/67.)
(a) The Department shall prohibit the stopping or parking of vehicles on any of the following places:
1. Any place where the stopping or parking of vehicles is determined by the Department to constitute a hazard to traffic, life or property, or an obstruction to vehicular or pedestrian passage;
2. Any place, within 30 feet of an intersection in any business district, except that a bus may stop at a designated bus stop:
3. Any place within 25 feet of the approach to the nearest line of a crosswalk, except that a bus may stop at a designated bus stop, but not within five feet of said nearest line of a crosswalk;
4. Any place with 25 feet of any traffic signal, stop sign or other official electrical flashing device, except that a bus may stop at a designated bus stop, but not within five feet of any traffic signal, stop sign or official electrical flashing device. (Former Subdiv. 4 Deleted and Former Subdiv. 5 Renumbered by Ord. No. 177,716, Eff. 9/4/06.)
5. Any place within 15 feet of any “yield” sign, except that a bus may stop at a designated bus stop. (Former Subdiv. 6 Renumbered by Ord. No. 177,716, Eff. 9/4/06.)
6. Upon any street or portion thereof contiguous to the frontage of any elementary school, junior or senior high school where it is determined that parking will create a hazard to life and property, or a serious obstruction to vehicles or pedestrian passage. (Former Subdiv. 7 Renumbered by Ord. No. 177,716, Eff. 9/4/06.)
Authorized school buses owned by or under contract with the Board of Education or operated by or through recognized parochial school systems are excepted from the provisions of this subdivision when loading or unloading during school days and hours when approved by the Department.
7. At any designated bus stop. (Added by Ord. No. 152,426, Eff. 6/29/79; Former Subdiv. 8 Renumbered by Ord. No. 177,716, Eff. 9/4/06.)
8. Upon a bridge. (Added by Ord. No. 184,316, Eff. 6/11/16.)
The Department of Transportation is authorized pursuant to this Section to install signs that permit parking on bridges that the Department has determined are structurally capable of supporting parked vehicles, and have sidewalks and shoulders of sufficient width to permit parking without interfering with the normal movement of traffic. Parking shall not be permitted until signs are installed containing any time or other restrictions that may apply.
(b) The department shall designate such places by appropriate signs or markings, and no person shall thereafter stop or park any vehicle at such place.