(Title and Section Amended by Ord. No. 182,986, Eff. 5/28/14.)
In order to meet the diversion goals of AB 939 and the City of Los Angeles which is Zero Waste by 2025, solid waste haulers, contractors and recyclers shall register with the City to obtain a permit. As used in this Section and in Sections 66.32.1 through 66.32.5, the following terms shall have the meanings set forth below:
1. AB 939 shall mean the State of California's Integrated Waste Management Act of 1989, as may be amended from time to time, and as set forth in California Public Resources Code Sections 40050, et seq., and implementing regulations of the Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle).
2. AB 939 Compliance Permit shall mean a permit issued pursuant to the provisions of Subsection (a) of Section 66.32.1.
3. Appellant shall mean a person who files a written request for a hearing pursuant to the provisions of Subdivision (1) of Subsection (d) of Section 66.32.3 of this Article.
4. Certified Construction and Demolition Waste Processing Facility shall mean a waste processing facility, operating lawfully pursuant to all applicable permits and possessing valid and current certification from the City of Los Angeles, that accepts construction and demolition waste for the purpose of recovering reusable and recyclable materials and disposing of non-recyclable residual materials.
5. Contractor shall mean any Person who enters into a contract for any construction or demolition project that requires a permit from the Department of Building and Safety.
6. Permittee shall mean a person issued an AB 939 Compliance Permit pursuant to the provisions of Subsection (a) of Section 66.32.1.