(a) There is hereby created and established within the Treasury of the City of Los Angeles a special fund to be known as the City of Los Angeles Short-Term Rental Enforcement Trust Fund (the Fund).
(b) The purpose of the Fund shall be the receipt, retention, and disbursement of monies collected by the City, including per-night fees pursuant to Los Angeles Municipal Code (LAMC) Section 12.22 A.32.(e)(5) and fees for a Home-Sharing Application or Renewal pursuant to LAMC Section 19.01 T. The Fund shall be used for the administration, implementation, and enforcement of LAMC Section 12.22 A.32. (the Home Sharing Ordinance) and monitoring and enforcement of short-term rental activity as defined in the Home Sharing Ordinance. The Mayor and City Council may establish additional revenue sources and appropriate funds for deposit in the Fund from time to time.
(c) The Fund shall be administered by the Department of City Planning.
(d) Monies from this Fund shall be used for salaries, expenses, equipment, third-party consultants, and establishment and maintenance of a registration database relating to the administration and implementation of the Home-Sharing Ordinance and monitoring and enforcement of short-term rental activity, including, but not limited to, the following purposes:
(1) Funding short-term rental enforcement staff;
(2) Hiring third-party consultant(s) to perform short-term rental enforcement services;
(3) Monitoring and collecting information on short-term rental listings, advertisements, and activities;
(4) Establishing and maintaining a Home-Sharing registration database;
(5) Locating and citing non-compliant short-term rental listings and advertisements and Short-Term rental activities;
(6) Operating a hotline or complaint-intake system that collects and maintains information on all types of reported code violations; and
(7) Funding staff for the review and processing of Home-Sharing applications.
Chapter and Section Added by Ord. No. 186,1,97 Eff. 7-28-19.