(A)   The City Clerk-Treasurer may make claim payments in advance of Council allowance for the following kinds of expenses:
      (1)   Property or services purchased or leased from the United States government, its agencies, or its political subdivisions;
      (2)   License or permit fees;
      (3)   Insurance premiums;
      (4)   Utility payments or utility connection charges;
      (5)   General grant programs where advance funding is not prohibited and the contracting party posts sufficient security to cover the amount advanced;
      (6)   Grants of state funds authorized by statute;
      (7)   Maintenance or service agreements;
      (8)   Leases or rental agreements;
      (9)   Bond or coupon payments;
      (10)   Payroll; and
      (11)   State, federal, or county taxes.
   (B)   Each payment of expenses must be supported by a fully itemized claim.  The City Council shall review and allow the claims at its next regular or special meeting following the pre-approved payment of the expenses.
   (C)   This section shall be in full effect from and after its passage and approval by the Mayor and the Common Council for the City of Linton, Indiana.
(Ord. 92-6, passed 7-13-1992)