Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) A Golf Cart must have a permit allowing it to be operated upon High Ways and Streets issued by the City of Linton, Indiana, for the current calendar year. Failure to have a permit shall result in a penalty as set out in § 72.99.
(B) A permit shall be valid for a period of one year.
(C) A permit shall be plainly visible on the front cowling as to be plainly seen.
(D) The permit shall be valid from April 1 through March 31 of each consecutive year.
(E) Permit fees:
(1) The permit fee shall be $50.00.
(2) The annual fee for renewal of an unexpired permit shall be $25.00.
(F) Visitor Passes:
(1) A visitor is defined as a person who does not have a Linton, Indiana, residence address.
(2) The fee for a 3 consecutive day pass may be purchased by a visitor and will be considered a "Visitor Pass".
(3) The cost of a Visitor Pass shall be $15.00.
(G) Inspection requirements:
(1) The Golf Cart shall have proof of ownership and insurance, pursuant to Sec. I, present at time of inspection.
(2) The application form for that purpose must be completed and signed by the owner.
(3) The proper fee must be paid to the City Clerk, prior to issuance of the permit.
(4) The inspection requirements can be obtained from the Mayor's Office.
(H) The application fee is nonrefundable.
(I) Insurance Specification:
The coverage for the Golf Cart at a minimum will be as follows:
$25,000 per person, for bodily injury you cause,
$50,000 per accident, for bodily injury, and
$10,000 per accident, for damage to another's property.
(J) The Chief of Police or his/her designee shall inspect Golf Carts during the normal business hours Monday through Friday by appointment.
(K) The permit will be issued by the Clerk Treasurer's Office only after it is con firmed that all requirements have been met for the permit.
(Ord. 2010-01, passed 3-8-2010; Am. Ord. 2012-03, passed 3-12-2012; Am. Ord. 2012-10, passed 6-12-2012)