Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Firearms prohibited. Except as provided in division (B) below, it shall be unlawful for any person to possess and display a firearm concealed or otherwise displayed, on or within each city park and each building or portion of a building owned, leased as lessee, operated, occupied or controlled by the city, as well as the appurtenant premises to the buildings.
(B) Exceptions. The provisions of this section shall not apply to the following:
(1) Sworn law enforcement officers and to firearms lawfully seized or in the possession of law enforcement officers within the City Police Department and its appurtenant premises;
(2) Lincoln County animal control officers;
(3) Officers and enlisted personnel of the armed forces of the United States when in discharge of their official duties as such and acting under orders requiring them to carry firearms;
(4) Civil officers of the United States while in discharge of their official duties; and
(5) Persons possessing a written permit from the Chief of Police to possess weapons for ceremonial purposes.
(C) Contraband. Firearms possessed in violation of this section are hereby declared to be contraband. The Chief of Police or his or her designee shall hold the weapon for disposal pursuant to court order. In the absence of any court order, the firearms shall be destroyed.
(D) Notice. Notice that possession of firearms is prohibited shall be posted at the entrance of any property set forth in division (A) above.
(Prior Code, § 10-25) (Ord. O-57-97, passed 10-9-1997) Penalty, see § 133.99