Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The City Manager may revoke a permit issued pursuant to this section if he or she finds that the business operator has:
(1) Deliberately misrepresented or provide false information in the permit application;
(2) Violated any provision of the County Health Department regulations or of this section;
(3) Violated any law, regulation or ordinance regarding the possession, sale, transportation or consumption of intoxicating beverages or controlled substances;
(4) Operated the sidewalk café in a manner as to create a public nuisance or to constitute a hazard to the public health, safety or welfare; specifically including failure to keep the café area clean and free of refuse;
(5) Failed to maintain any health, business or other permit or license required by law or the operation of a business;
(6) Fails to consistently maintain the sidewalk café in a neat and trash free manner; and/or
(7) Operated the business or sidewalk café in violation of any city, county or state law, ordinance or regulation.
(B) In the event the City Manager determines good grounds exist for the revocation of a permit issued under this section, he or she shall provide the business operator a notice to show cause, stating with particularity the grounds therefor, why the sidewalk café permit should not be revoked. The business operator shall be provided an opportunity for a hearing, following which the City Manager shall render an order in writing. The business operator may appeal any order by filing a written appeal with the City Clerk within 15 days of receipt thereof. City Council shall conduct a hearing on the appeal and render its decision thereon. The finding and determination of City Council shall constitute final action by the city.
(Ord. O-02-06, passed 4-6-2006; Ord. O-02-14, passed 2-6-2014) Penalty, see § 10.99